Top USA eCommerce Development Companies
Did you know that the United States are the biggest hub for online sellers and, as such, attracts some of the best developers in the world?
We’ve researched the top USA eCommerce development companies to connect you with the right partner who can create a cutting edge product and accelerate your business growth.
Experts in end-to-end app and custom software development. Supporting Fortune 500 to startups with SaaS, mobile, and custom application solutions in healthcare, education, marketing, and financial industries.
Featured clients: Epion Health, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Verizon Media
Digital Silk is a leading eCommerce web design company helping online stores grow. The company offers custom solutions including design, development, SEO and marketing that boost customer conversions.
Featured clients: AT&T, doForms, XEROX, SONY, P&G
Best eCommerce Developers In The US – 2020 Rankings
Here’s a definitive list of the top US eCommerce development companies that can improve your brand image and boost your revenue. To make the right choice, compare agencies based on their average rates and proximity to your offices. Then visit their websites for more information.
|COMPANY||WEBSITE||LOCATION||TEAM SIZE||AVERAGE RATE||MINIMAL BUDGET
|1. Dotlogics||dotlogics.com||New York||Under 49||$125/hr||$25,000+|
|2. Kanda Software||kandasoft.com||Massachusetts||500 - 999||$50/hr||$25,000+|
|3. Digital Silk||digitalsilk.com||Florida||50 - 99||$125/hr||$10,000+|
|4. Urban Insight||urbaninsight.com||California||Under 49||$150/hr||$25,000+|
|5. WANDR||wandr.studio||California||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+
|6. Itexus||itexus.com||Florida||50 - 99||$50/hr||$10,000+|
|7. Ziggle Tech Inc.||ziggletech.com||New York||50 - 99||$49/hr||$10,000+|
|8. DotcomWeavers||dotcomweavers.com||New Jersey||50 - 99||$120/hr||$25,000+|
|9. Evestar||evestar.com||Florida||Under 49||Inquire||$10,000+|
|10. The Bureau of Small Projects||smallprojectsbureau.com||California||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|The Gnar Company||thegnar.co||Massachusetts||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+
|ScienceSoft||thegnar.co||Texas||500 - 999||$50/hr||$10,000+
|ITechArt Group||itechart.com||New York||1000 & Up||$35/hr||$25,000+
|Scandiweb||scandiweb.com||New York||100 - 249||$50/hr||$1,000+
|HTML Pro||htmlpro.net||New York||100 - 249||$50/hr||$10,000+
|UPQODE||upqode.com||Tennessee||50 - 99||$50/hr||$1,000+
|3PRIME Web Solutions||3prime.com||Connecticut||Under 49||$95/hr||Under $1,000
|Next Digital Web Solutions||nextdigitalwebsolutions.com||Georgia||50 - 99||$50/hr||$1,000+|
|Prime Concepts Group||primeconcepts.com||Kansas||50 - 99||Inquire||Under $1,000
|Webmization||webmization.com||New Jersey||100 - 249||Inquire||Under $1,000
|IG Webs||igwebs.com||Alabama||Under 49||Inquire||$1,000+|
|cmsMinds||cmsminds.com||New Jersey||Under 49||$60/hr||$1,000+|
|Webby Central LLC||webbycentral.com||Massachusetts||50 - 99||$20/hr||Under $1,000|
|IQ Infoline||iqinfoline.com||Washington||50 - 99||$29/hr||Inquire|
|Envision Ecommerce||envisionecommerce.com||New York||500 - 999||$150/hr||Inquire
|StarNet Solutions||starnetsolutions.net||Arizona||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|WNA InfoTech LLC||wna-infotech.com||Delaware||Under 49||$25/hr||Under $1,000
|TypeTrail Media||typetrail.com||Minnesota||Under 49||$40/hr||Under $1,000
|Auxilium Technolog||auxiliumtechnology.com||Maryland||50 - 99||Inquire||$50,000+|
|Magnet Co||magnet.co||Kentucky||Under 49||$130/hr||$1,000+
|Webdesign Phoenix||webdesign-phoenix.com||Arizona||Under 49||$200/hr||$1,000+|
|Active Web Group||activewebgroup.com||New York||Under 49||$150/hr||Inquire
|Elegant Image Studios, Inc.||elegantimagestudios.com||Georgia||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|Anderson Collaborative||andersoncollaborative.com||Florida||Under 49||Inquire||$1,000+|
|SingleMind Consulting||singlemindconsulting.com||Oregon||Under 49||$150/hr||$25,000+|
|YellowFin Digital||yellowfindigital.com||Texas||Under 49||$95/hr||$1,000+|
|eStore Factory||estorefactory.com||California||Under 49||$12/hr||Under $1,000|
|Website Developers India||wdipl.com||Colorado||Under 49||$10/hr||$1,000+|
|Codedesign||codedesign.org||San Francisco||Under 49||$45/hr||$1,000+|
|Mumble||mumbleideas.it||San Francisco||Under 49||$55/hr||$10,000+|
|MageAnts||mageants.com||New York||Under 49||$25/hr||$1,000+|
|Digit Bazar IT Solutions Private Limited||digitbazar.com||California||50 - 99||$10/hr||$1,000+|
|Algoworks||algoworks.com||India||100 - 249||$40/hr||Inquire|
|WebDesk Solution LLC||webdesksolution.com||New York||Under 49||$80/hr||$1,000+|
|Linchpin||linchpin.com||Rhode Island||Under 49||Inquire||$1,000+|
|Regex SEO||regexseo.com||Texas||Under 49||$125/hr||$1,000+|
|ApogeeINVENT||apogeeinvent.com||Idaho||Under 49||Inquire||Under $1,000|
|ApogeeINVENT||apogeeinvent.com||Idaho||Under 49||Inquire||Under $1,000|
|GRINTEQ||grinteq.com||New York||Under 49||$55/hr||$10,000+|
|Phontinent Technologies||phontinent.com||California||Under 49||$25/hr||Inquire|
|Aelieve, LLC||aelieve.com||Iowa||Under 49||$80/hr||Under $1,000|
|itCraft||itcraftapps.com||Poland||50 - 99||$50/hr||$25,000+|
What Makes USA eCommerce Development Companies Unique?
Similarly to other agencies around the globe, US eCommerce companies specialize in designing and developing online stores.
They focus on optimizing the online customer journeys, providing your users with a great on-site experience and smoothly guiding them to the point of conversion.
However, here are a few facts that make top eCommerce companies in the US different from other firms around the globe:
The US Is The World Leader In Online Sales
The US has the largest eCommerce market in the world. It is one of the biggest hubs for online sellers, counting over 172,097 online stores.
Among them, Amazon is the most valuable global brand and a leader in online sales that sells 4,000 items per minute.
Being a land of opportunity for online sellers, in the US there is a pretty high demand for eCommerce developers to help businesses compete and meet their revenue goals.
This is why the US attracts and employs some of the best talent around the globe, and this year the number of software developers is projected to rise up to 664,500.
It Is A Global Hub Of The World’s Most Lucrative Industries
The USA is a leading center of:
Thus, US-based eCommerce developers are particularly qualified in creating online stores for these industries.
They understand your target market and competition the best. So, combining their niche expertise with the high-end services they offer, they can come up with a well-designed product that accelerates business growth.
It Is The World’s Most Competitive Market
According to the World Economic Forum’s report on global competitiveness, the Land of Liberty had a score of 85.6% (out of 100%) in 2018 which makes it the world’s most competitive economy.
This is why eCommerce companies in the US are known for their innovation capacities in the tech industry and product development.
They are bound to always stay up to date with the latest trends, use advanced technologies and employ best practices in eCommerce development which has turned them into the finest experts in this field.
What Do US eCommerce Agencies Specialize In?
Operating in one of the most competitive as well as inventive markets, US ecommerce developers are some of the most skilled in the world.
Similarly to other eCommerce companies, they provide the following services:
- Designing and developing fully-functional and compelling online stores
- Configuring personalized shopping carts
- Integrating third-party features
- Integrating paying methods
- Providing post-launch support and maintenance
- And more
However, unlike other online commerce agencies in the world, they:
- boast superior technical skills
- are thought leaders and trendsetters
- know the local business environment, including the relevant data protection laws
- tend to build domain expertise in the country’s dominant industries including retail, finance and technology
What Are The Different Types Of eCommerce Agencies In The US?
We can divide the top US eCommerce companies into several categories based on:
- Their industry experience: Some of these companies choose to specialize in developing digital stores for particular industries, while others are qualified in various fields.
- The businesses they serve: Every company has its specific type of clientele. So, some of them work with startups and small enterprises only, while others work with renowned brands or have a diverse clientele.
- The platforms they specialize in: These firms also develop different technical expertise. We can subdivide them according to the platforms they use and the types of services they offer such as consulting or end-to-end eCommerce development.
- Their location: Depending on the local living standards and wages, these agencies’ will command different rates, and even build different domain knowledge influenced by the locally dominant industries.
How Much Do The Top US eCommerce Developers Charge?
Most of the US-based ecommerce developers charge per hour. The cost starts as low as $25 and can even go beyond $200.
Note, however, that the companies offering rates lower than $100 per hour are likely to operate in an international setup whereby they hire or subcontract foreign experts to be able to achieve a lower price.
Generally, the rates depend on:
- The company’s location: As mentioned, the local wages will directly impact the companies’ rates. For instance, New York eCommerce developers will ask more than a Boston-based developer where the cost of living is lower.
- The complexity of the project: Businesses come in different shapes and sizes. And, they will have different requirements which should be taken into account when creating their online stores. Thus, the complexity of their products will also determine the project’s cost.
- The eCommerce platform: The base cost of your project will depend on the type of ecommerce platform and subscription plan you choose to go for, as well as third-party integrations.
- The agency’s size and seniority: The greater reputation and the higher experience these experts have, the more they will charge.
- The number of experts who will work on the project: Depending on your requirements, several digital specialists may be included in the project including developers, designers, content writers and marketers.
Why Hire A USA eCommerce Development Company?
Here are the top reasons why you should invest in a US-based eCommerce developer:
Gain Access To The Latest Technologies
Because of the highly competitive market, top US eCommerce companies are bound to use different premium tools that can contribute to the success of their projects.
For instance, thanks to their advanced technologies they can research the reasons your clients are abandoning their carts. Then, they will improve their strategies to increase the number of closed deals.
So, counting on their help, you will be able to get a cutting-edge product that not only increases the profit but also accelerates business growth.
Be On Top Of Latest Trends
What’s more, top US eCommerce companies constantly follow emerging trends. So, from development and design to marketing, they will incorporate the best practices that will keep your store up-to-date.
This will allow you to meet the changing needs of your clients and contribute to customer satisfaction.
Leverage Their Specific Industry Experience
The top eCommerce companies in the US are highly qualified in creating online stores for the technology, retail, construction, education, healthcare and manufacturing industries.
They can meet your business needs the best because they have a deep understanding of the environment you operate in, your target market and competition.
How To Hire A US eCommerce Agency?
To find the best partner who can meet your needs, make sure you think about your goals and what you want to achieve by hiring US-based eCommerce developers.
Then, set interviews with the companies on our list and share your requirements to see which of them can be the right fit.
What’s more, here are a few more factors that can help you decide:
- Consider their strategic approach: Ask about the strategies they use and see if they can explain the design and development process step by step. This will give you an insight into how skilled they are, what methods they use and whether they understand your needs well.
- Set a budget: Think about how much you can allocate on eCommerce development services and ask companies how much your project would cost. It will help you find out which of them can fit your budget and shorten the list of potential partners down.
- Read their reviews: See what past customers say about the top US eCommerce companies by reading their reviews. They are proof of developers’ reliability since they provide you with info on their culture and the results they have delivered.
- Look at their portfolios: Go through the previous work of the top eCommerce companies in the US to see what projects they have worked on, what results they have delivered and whether they have experience in your niche.
- Ask about their project management: Find out what is their project management structure and what methodologies they use. Then, pick your business partner that is well organized to ensure they are meeting deadlines and finish your project on time.
10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring An eCommerce Development Company In The US
- What platforms do you work with and which of them do you think is the right fit for my brand?
- What payment gateways does this platform support and which one should my store integrate?
- According to you, what kind of features should my product include to meet the needs of my audience?
- What is your approach to the development process? Can you describe the steps briefly?
- Have you ever worked on projects that are related to a similar niche?
- What is your project management structure? Do you use any tools to stay organized?
- What SEO features will you pay attention to in the pages and products of my store?
- Do you provide your clients with after-launch services?
- Who of your team will work on the project?
- How much will you charge me?
Last Tips To Consider Before Hiring A US-Based eCommerce Agency
What makes top US eCommerce companies stand out is their deep understanding of some of the most popular industries in the world and their innovation capacities.
Partnering with them offers you many advantages such as always being on top of the latest trends, having access to expensive tools and advanced technologies.
Being the home of the most competitive economy in the world, US-based eCommerce developers also understand your target market best. So, they can help you reach the right audience, take competitive advantage and close more deals.
To find the right fit, ensure you consider the companies’ cost of services, project management, reviews, niche expertise and approach.
But, before you go back to our list and research them, here are a few more tips to take into consideration before you make your choice:
- Signing a contract: Make sure the company you choose provides you with a contract that includes security, data confidentiality and product quality clauses. That way you will ensure your project’s success.
- Considering post-launch services: The partner you hire should also offer after-launch support and maintenance to keep your store up-to-date and fix any issues that might arise.
- Avoiding hidden costs: Find out in advance if the eCommerce developer you pick asks for an extra fee for the product maintenance. This will help you avoid hidden costs and stay away from any inconveniences.
Best of luck!